Ideas for Christmas Dessert
Yes, it seems a little early … but this holiday season seems to be flying by fast. It’s only about a week and a half away and it’s something you should definitely be thinking about. Heck, it’s something you might even need to make once to make sure it’s the dessert for you.
For our Christmas, we try something different — usually chocolate based — every year. One year, it was a peppermint and chocolate cake roll. Another year it was vanilla mousse and strawberry fools.
This year, by request, it’s Chocolate Peppermint Pie. We had it for Sunday dinner at the end of November and it was a raving hit.
Not sure what you are making yet? Here are some fantastic recipes from around the web to help you get thinking and planning:
- Ginger Pear Tarts (vegan) at Vegan Visitor
- Pumpkin Torte at Canary Girl
- Devil’s Food Cake with Peppermint Frosting at Dinner & Dessert
- Grandma’s Coconut Cake at Andrea’s Recipes
- Yule Log at Too Many Chefs
- Banana Cream Pie (gluten free) at Gluten Free Girl and The Chef